The Pension Steidler is located in a renaissance house in the historic centre of Telč, which is one of the most beautiful areas in Europe. The hotel is surrounded by Baroque Pestilential Column, two splendid fountains and a garden with a large pond.
Equipment and services: 3x All rooms are newly refurbished; some have TV and some offer a beautiful pond view. Each room has private bathroom with shower or tub.|The apartment features two bedrooms, a living room with a view of the square, fully equipped kitchen and private bathroom with shower.|Two kitchenettes; living room with a fireplace. Internet point and free wi-fi. Our guests have an opportunity to visit our garden and a medieval wine cellar. Bike rental; bike and motorbike parking.
History of Telč: Telč’s origins stretch as far back as the turn of the 12th and 13th centuries, when a Slavic settlement appeared on the site of the present town near a ford in the Telč stream. A royal farmstead was situated on a rise above the stream, in the shadow of a Romanesque church and tower. During the 13th century, the settlement developed and grew to include areas occupied by today’s Zachariáš z Hradce Square and Old Town suburb. In May of 1339, the entire site was transfered from the holdings of the Czech king Jan of Luxembourg to the hands of the south Bohemian nobleman Oldřich III of Hradec. This event proved to be an important stimulus for the further development of Telč, which, shortly after in the middle of the 1350’s, was legally incorporated and became a town. Efforts to preserve the legacy with which we have been entrusted and to nurture the development of tourism are our priorities even at present. Contributing to the achievement of these goals was the inclusion of Telč in 1992 on the prestigious UNESCO World Heritage List of Cultural and Natural Monumnents. Three years later, Telč Castle was declared a National Cultural Monument and Telč’s Old Town, itself a unique example of folk architecture from the turn of the 18th and 19th centuries together with the Baroque complex of its Church of the Mother of God, its hospital and its Chapel of St. Roche, was declared a historical zone the same year.